Safety functions and protection in power systems have a critical role in the day-to-day operations of industrial, municipal and hazardous facilities. As technology advances and systems become more integrated, safety-rated and properly protected power systems are creating safe and efficient processes.
In general, Hedgehog oversees a variety of responsibilities from beginning to end of a project:
- Compliance to codes and standards
- Arc flash studies
- Short circuit studies
- Breaker coordination
- Protection relay configuration and settings
- Safety shutdown systems
- UPS and battery backup systems
- Power distribution methods
- Equipment ratings and asset assessments
- Third-party inspection and certification
- Fail-safe functionality in systems
- Safety risk assessments
Without implementing safety functions in a power system, the facility is exposed to hazardous energy that can affect people and equipment. Hedgehog ensures that electrical safety is considered throughout the engineering design process.