(Left to Right: Ann English, Michael Wrinch, Peter Ostafichuk, Damnieh Akhavan, Heidi Yang, Mark Adams)
On Saturday, Engineers Canada welcomed Michael Wrinch, PhD, FEC, P.Eng., ICD.D, to the position of President-Elect for a three year term. Michael has established himself as a seasoned leader with over two decades of experience as our company’s president.
Along with Michael Wrinch taking on the role of President-Elect, Engineers Canada also appointed Nancy Hill to the role of president for the 2023-2024 term.
Michael Wrinch’s nomination is a testament to his outstanding leadership qualities and unwavering commitment to advancing the engineering profession in Canada. Throughout his career, Michael has consistently demonstrated a visionary mindset, seeking innovative solutions to complex challenges and fostering a collaborative environment that encourages growth and development. His ability to inspire others and advocate for the engineering community has made him a trusted and respected figure among his peers.
Engineers Canada Awards Gala
Engineers Canada also celebrated the exceptional achievements of trailblazers in engineering. At the 2023 Awards Gala, which kicked off in Halifax, six award recipients were recognized for their positive impact for the industry.
The 2023 Award recipients are:
- Janusz Koziński, PhD, FCAE, FEC, FEIC, FRSC, P.Eng. – Gold Medal Award
- Damineh Akhavan, MBA, FEC, P.Eng. – Meritorious Service Award for Professional Service
- Michael Halliwell, M.Eng., FEC, EP, P.Eng. – Meritorious Service Award for Community Service
- Peter Ostafichuk, PhD, FEC, P.Eng. – Medal for Distinction in Engineering Education
- Mona Shahwan El-Tahan, M.Eng., FEC, P.Eng. – Award for the Support of Women in the Engineering Profession
- Annemarie Summers – Gold Medal Student Award
Please join us as we offer our heartfelt congratulations to Michael Wrinch on his well-deserved nomination as the President-Elect of Engineers Canada. His exceptional leadership qualities, dedication to innovation, and commitment to sustainability will undoubtedly shape the future of the engineering profession.
We also extend our best wishes to Nancy Hill for her upcoming role, and we also send our congratulations to all the other winners from the event. May their accomplishments continue to inspire and lead to further success in their respective endeavors.
Stay connected with Hedgehog Technologies on LinkedIn and Twitter.