Hedgehog Technologies is an award-winning firm of electrical and mechanical engineering consultants with a global impact. We specialize in risk management for complex projects where safety is paramount.
Since 2001, Hedgehog Technologies has remained proudly diverse with PMP® Project Management Professionals, TÜV Rheinland certified functional safety experts, and Professional Engineers with decades of experience.
A Little Bit of History…
In the early days, Michael Wrinch worked as a forest firefighter in British Columbia’s rugged interior. His commitment to excellence in safety and hard work continued into his professional electrical engineering career.
In 2001, Michael formed Hedgehog Technologies out of his attic with only a handful of clients to support the humble enterprise. He carried a vision to sustainably grow the company while providing creative and innovative engineering solutions to the global marketplace. Over the span of two decades his ambition met with perseverance, a tenacious work ethic, and bold leadership.
Fast forward and Hedgehog has grown into a team of diverse engineers that manage innovative projects across the world, including designing military-grade submarines, building state-of-the-art thrill rides, and operating the first smart microgrid in Canada. We’re proud of how far we’ve come but we’re even more excited about where we’re going next.
Download our latest HHT Fact Sheet for more information.
We strive to shape our communities through forward-thinking programs and initiatives. We’re not just engineers, we’re human beings that want to see a positive impact reflected by our professional work.
Everyone at Hedgehog is committed to making a difference and recognizes community building as an important ethical component to the engineering profession. Our ideas embrace sustainability, community development, human rights, and environmental issues.
Here are some examples of how Hedgehog Technologies engages in corporate social responsibility:
- Day-to-day green initiatives (recycling, energy savings)
- Annual carbon footprint review and finding new ways to offset
- Moving towards ‘paperless’ office
- Energy optimization studies
- Practicing sustainable solutions for every project
- Innovative green technologies (PV solar, bio-fuels, etc.)
- Active engagement with professional and technical associations across Canada
- Supporting National Engineering Week events
- Hosting engineering seminars and speaking events
- Always striving for diversity and equal opportunities
- Supporting the advancement of women in engineering through corporate sponsorships, thought leadership, and events
- In-house fundraising for emergency disaster relief
- Earth Day events
- Supporting First Nations through community studies and assessments
- Co-op student programs for emerging professionals
- On-going employee career planning & paid educational training
- Mentorship programs
With the global spread of COVID-19, we recognize the need to do our part in minimizing the impact of the pandemic to promote safety for our clients, the team, and the public. Hedgehog conducts all business activities in the interest of public health and safety. We adhere to the guidelines set out by the following resources:
- Health Canada
- WorkSafe BC
- World Health Organization
- Ministry of Health – Province of BC
- Vancouver Coastal Health
Hedgehog will remain vigilant in monitoring the evolving situation and adapt to the changes as outlined by the various health organizations.